As a former Fitness Director and Group Exercise Coordinator for a chain fitness club I know how important it is to keep a steady stream of new and exciting classes on the schedule. Spinning has been around for years as has sculpting or weight training classes but the fusion of the two is not as common.
Spin ‘N Sculpt, Coastal Motion’s newest addition, is an excellent class choice if you are short on time but need the benefits of cardio training as well as strength work. Resistance training is a necessary component in any fitness program, and a great complement to a cardio program. Our newest addition is 90 minutes. Coastal Motion has brought this to you because we felt that you, the members, might prefer this class as a real endurance enhancer and prefer the longer class duration.
Just in case you are wondering – some of the benefits of this type of training are:
- Increased muscle strength, power, endurance and size
- Increased bone density and strength
- Prevention of the onset of Osteoporosis
- Reduced body fat
- Weight loss
- Increased muscle-to-fat ratio
- Boosted metabolism
- Lowered heart rate and blood pressure after exercise (thought to reduce the risk of heart disease)
- Improved balance and stability
- Enhanced performance of everyday tasks
- Reduced risk of developing some conditions like diabetes
Spin ‘n Sculpt is a combo class format which can utilize many types of equipment in addition to the spin bike. Equipment such as flex bands, tubing, dumbbells, and exercise balls can be used to train the major muscle groups, paying special attention to the upper body and core since the legs were “hammered” during the spin.
We are excited to bring this to you and look forward to seeing you in it soon. First official class (on 4/2) calculated 1200 calories burned in 90 minutes!
Remember, book your place online to secure your spot.