3/30: Good to be back. Changed it up tonight! 1.5 hours of Spin and sculpt. I love to change it up. Shocks the body… and the participants! Woo, woo!
3/25: Walked the beach for an hour. Sun was sooo hot, its hard to imagine its cold anywhere! Love it!
3/26: In the famous words of Dori…”just keep swimming…swim, swim, swim.” I think I am going to start swimming again, SO good for your body!
3/21: Hiked Lao Valley. Muggy, dirty, and wet…but scenery was beautiful.
3/22: Swam the beach and did push-ups, tricep-dips..Not the most intense workout but got something in!
3/23: Took a long walk through the country. So beautiful!!
3/24: Stand Up Paddle Boarding!! Love to be back in the water! Could of done it all day long!
Eat smaller meals throughout the day
- Eat a snack during the time you are without food the longest during your waking hours
- Eat small meals every 2.5 or 4 hours throughout the day
- Plan 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks distributed throughout the day
- If eating less than 3 meals, eat an additional meal
- Introduce breakfast by eating fruit
- Add an additional food to breakfast
- Eat cereal for bedtime snack instead of a high fat snack food
- Prepare extra for meals so leftovers are on hand
- Plan time for preparing a nutritious lunch or snack for hard to get away times
- Slightly decrease portion sizes of your largest meals
Eat more fiber
- Eat whole wheat instead of white bread
- Add beans or steamed or raw vegetables to any meal
- Eat a green salad every day
- Eat fresh fruit for dessert or a snack
- Eat oatmeal or other higher fiber cereal for breakfast
- Stock up on frozen vegetables and fruits so they are always available
- Add raw spinach leaves to salad for more nutrients
- Add a vegetable to a meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Add vegetables to omelettes, pizza, sandwiches, stir frys, and other recipes
- Purchase pre-cut veggies and salad mixes for convenience
- Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily; keep a tally of servings eaten
- Substitute meat with fish high in omega 3 fatty acids
- Instead of spreading butter or margarine on bread, dip 100% whole wheat bread in olive oil
- Eat ice milk, sherbet, or non-fat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream
- Stay away from creamy dressings and pick choices like olive oil and lemon
- Substitute plain yogurt for sour cream
- Substitute plain yogurt for mayonnaise in your chicken or tuna salad
- Eat lower fat cuts of meat
- Choose almond milk
- Choose lower fat cheese (mozzarella, low fat cheese)
- Eat whole grain cereal with milk for bedtime snack instead of traditional snack food
- Plan to eat healthfully 6 days a week and only eat sweets and higher fat foods one day a week
- Eat a snack before lunch or dinner to reduce the tendency to overeat
- Keep a food journal of the quantities of all food eaten
- Eat just until comfortable
- Talk to others about the foods you are consuming
- Weigh food and serve pre-determined portion before sitting down to eat
- Limit the number of times you eat out at restaurants
- Eat before being around processed snack foods (eg: party, shopping, etc.)
- Agree to do extra exercise if you eat more than you had planned
- Write weekly menu with accompanying shopping list
- Keep shopping list (with pen or pencil) conveniently located in kitchen
- Prepare foods the evening before and refrigerate for the next day
Took a long walk along the beach. I couldn’t get enough of the day! What an amazing afternoon and to think it’s March!!!!
March 1: Hit the trails with Kai’a. It’s still really funny to watch her walk and be in amazement of the world. Oh, to be a dog….
March 2: Taught Sculpt and Spin. Oh what a night!!! Feelin’ it. Hope I can run tomorrow.
March 3: 7:30AM and 7 miles. This is an amazing group of runners. I am so proud of each of them, that I had to think if I ran or not. I was so amazed at their abilities and passion, I forgot I was running.
One of the main reasons folks fail to lose weight when on a diet is lack of motivation. It is so easy for us to just fall back into our old routines rather than follow a consistent steady plan of action to achieve real fat loss success. If we can make our ROUTINE something that is healthy and promotes weight loss, then we can stop worrying about being motivated and simply do our “normal routine” and lose all the weight we want.